Your 2018-2019 HSA Chairs are Jessica Croce and Joy Kaminski.
The HSA performs two primary functions: fundraising and community enrichment or “fun”raising. HSA’s fundraising efforts account for 17% of the school’s budget, contributing directly to your student’s experience and cost to educate. Please watch your emails for volunteer opportunities for events and fundraisers. We really do have lots of fun too – there is something for everyone!
- Back to School BBQ: Monday, August 27th, 2018
- Backpack Blessing: Sunday, September 9th, 2018.
Blessing of backpacks, agendas, etc. and welcome the start a new school year
- Fall Meet the Teachers Night: Tuesday, September 12th
2018 Meet the principal, school staff and teachers. Presentation by HSA Chairs for school year ahead
- Halloween Party (PreK-5): Friday, October 26th, 2018
This party is traditionally held the weekend before Halloween and is geared toward the elementary school children. Lots of spooky fun for all the kids!
- Halloween Fun (6-8): Friday, October 26th, 2018
A Middle School Halloween event that’s a real treat!
- Nativity Gala 2018/2019: The Nativity Gala for the 2018/2019 school year is scheduled for November 17th, 2018. It is the major sponsorship-driven fundraiser for the school and will require many hands to be successful. This themed event will include a full sit down dinner and beverages, plus live and silent auctions. This is a great time to dress up and enjoy a night with the Nativity Community before the holidays. We are really looking forward to bring back this staple to our community.
- Great American Fundraiser: This is a fundraiser that includes not only holiday wrapping paper but other various gift items for everyone on your list. It’s easy, convenient and has lots of options.
- Poinsettia/Wreath Sales: There is no better way to bring in the holidays than with beautiful locally grown poinsettias and wreaths. Help coordinate sales of beautiful holiday wreath and poinsettia sales for school, parish and community.
- Elves’ Magic Workshop: This event is held during the school day. The children can shop and purchase gift items for family and loved ones for Christmas. We will need all “hands on deck” to help the little ones pick out and wrap for Christmas! .
- Holiday Teacher & Staff Luncheon: On this special day, we really have a chance to let all of the teachers and staff know how much we appreciate all that they do for our children and school.
- Catholic Schools Week: January 27-February 1st, 2019
This is an annual celebration of Catholic education.Through these events, schools focus on the value Catholic education provides to young people and its contributions to society. School Liaison: Coordinate with Mr. Gardon regarding HSA involvement in the additional weekly activities such as open houses, masses and fun events for students!
- Snowball Dance: This dance is sponsored and funded by the Diocese of Buffalo and features actually two dances (one for 5th and 6th graders; a second one for 7th and8th graders). Parent volunteers are needed to chaperone.
MARCH and APRIL
- Fish Fry Dinners: Fish fry dinners are a staple in WNY during lent. The will be various Friday night dinners offered throughout the Lenten season for the entire Nativity Community to enjoy!
- Teacher Appreciation Week/End of the School Year:
This is an end of the year luncheon to let all of the teachers / staff know how much we appreciate them and their dedication.
- 5K Run Chase the Sun:
Please join us for our annual end of the year celebration and a great community building event! Starting at Nativity School, our race course winds through nearby Orchard Park neighborhoods. The event features official timing for race enthusiasts, after race party, and a family-friendly atmosphere.
Winter or Spring Events (timing can be flexible):
- Father/Daughter Dance: This social event is a special evening just for dads and their little girls. Dinner,dancing,and pictures are normally planned but this can be altered and changed up.
- Mother/Son Fun Bowling: This is a very special event for moms and sons alike.
- Father/Son Gathering: A great time for the boys to hang out. Mother/Daughter activity An evening of fun activities that will create lasting memories.
- Mother/Daughter Activity: An evening of fun activities that will create lasting memories.
SCRIP is a major fundraiser for our school that allows ANYONE (family,friends)topurchase gift cards from our school. Shop with gift cards in everyday categories including groceries, gas, restaurants and more. A percentage of each gift card purchased goes directly to your school or organization. Gift cards may be purchased in person at the school on Thursday afternoon, online or through order form.
- Box Tops:
Save all of those Box Tops! We will be collecting Box Tops at various times during the school year. At times, the classrooms will have contests (ie. Pizza party,etc) as far as the class who collects the highest amount of Box Tops during a time period. (please include name/grade)
- Athletic Director: Jermaine Johnson
Nativity is very proud of its sports program. All children may play and participate at some level / sport. Many hands are needed to teach skills, teamwork, and good sportsmanship while promoting school spirit. It takes “An Army of Warriors” to run the athletic department, so we are always looking for coaches.
- Concession Stand: We have a goal of running the concession stand in the gym for all sporting events during the school year. Using donated food and beverages, the concession stand allows HSA to raise funds for various specific projects.
- Joe DeMarco Basketball Tournament (January-February): This major tournament raises funds for our sports teams.
We have LOTS of new and exciting events/programs coming this year such as AMAZON SMILE FUND, spaghetti dinners and fun gift gathering parties! We are excited about all the changes. Our monthly meetings at held on the first Monday of every month at the school. We look forward to seeing you there and making a difference this year at Nativity!
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org