Spanish enrichment now offered at Nativity!
Capture the opportunity in your child’s development!
SPANISH FOR THE ELEMENTARY YEARS is an educationally oriented, fun and interactive program designed specifically for the K – 5 elementary student. The unique six-week curriculum features foundation vocabulary introduced through games, singing and hands-on activities. The program uses a 5-year rotation of lesson plans!
- Research studies have indicated the benefits of introducing foreign language skills at an early age!
- Students at a young age absorb a foreign vocabulary as if they were learning new words in English. There is no translation factor – only absorption!
- Younger students have flexibility with their tongues enabling them to pronounce foreign words with proper enunciation and accentuation!
CultureKids focuses on teaching a foundation vocabulary base. Vocabulary repetition is vital to the learning process! Words are introduced weekly in a multisensory approach with games and song to engrain the vocabulary into memory. Each 6-week session introduces/reinforces vocabulary from previous New York State standardized tests. Students at an elementary level build familiarity and confidence with this vocabulary. Each week students are given a take-home sheet to continue reinforcing the vocabulary and share with their family. Similar to learning English, students develop a base vocabulary and then begin compounding words to eventually form simple sentences.
New vocabulary and activities are introduced with each 6-week session allowing returning students to continue expanding their vocabulary base and new students to begin building their vocabulary base – classes are never a repeat!
Enroll your child for this amazing educational experience!
- Classes meet after school on Thursdays from 2:35 – 3:15p.m.
- The class fee is $60 per student for the 6-week session
- Class is a multi-age class open to grades K - 5. Class size is limited!
- Register early - Classes fill quickly!
- ALL STUDENTS MUST BE PICKED UP PROMPTLY AT 3:15p.m.
- After Care students will be escorted to their program.